- You can use the ASCII command from the IPCS browse panels if you wish to
see printable ASCII characters. The EBCDIC command can be used to go back
to the default behaviour.
- If a dump was taken by SLIP, symbol SLIPTRAP contains the SLIP command.
Offset 24 (hex) in the dump header contains the dump type:
- SVC dump
- SLIP dump
- The IPCS WHERE command tries to associate a given address with a module
or structure which includes the specified address.
- The publication "MVS Diagnosis: Reference" includes:
- Module prefix to Component and product mapping
- Sysevent summary
- SVC summary
- ENQ/DEQ major name summary
- Storage subpool and key summary
- Component-specific information
- The publication "MVS IPCS Commands" contains a summary of IPCS commands.
To map an ALET vvvvvvvv to a data space name, use the command:
ARCHECK ADDR(alistaddr) ASID(X'nnnn') STR(ACCESSLIST) ALET(X'vvvvvvvv')
alistaddr, the access list virtual address, can be found in ASSBPALV for the primary address
space (PASN-AL) or in STCBALOV for the access list associated with a TCB (DU-AL).
For More Information