z/OS REXX Code
Back to the main REXX page here
- For a TSO telnet session (IBM TCP/IP), uses NETSTAT to return IP address of workstation.
(Used with V2R4 and V2R6 and V2R10)
- Extracts summary information from a dump dataset - used with various OS/390 & z/OS releases.
- Display dump title and date/time of dump for a dump dataset. (Both DT and DI will
provide information about SYSMDUMP datasets too.)
- Extracts information from the JSAB - current jobname, jobid, userid and component
which created the JSAB - JES2 or JES3
- displays MVS configuration information such as operating system version and SMF
- returns information about region limits (MEMLIMIT) and storage utilization for the
current address space.
- displays MVS symbolic variables. If you have defined your own using SYS1.PARMLIB
member IEASYMxx, you can add them to this EXEC.
- use D GRS console command via SDSF to see who is enqueued on a dataset.
- this example processes the internal text for the current job and reports
different JCL statement types and shows dataset names for the DD statements.
It needs to be run from TSO in batch.
- computes number of days since the last IPL.
- display ACF2 resident resources. I have tried this EXEC on Release 6.3 thru 12.0.
- finds the JES2 JCT for the currently executing address space
Offsets in the JCT can vary between JES2 releases.
- report on extents for linklist datasets
- report on name token pair entries (refer to IEANTRT service)
- increase the REGION limit dynamically. A default OMVS segment must be defined or the
user must have an OMVS segment.
- displaying the contents of the OEM vendor anchor table